Preventative Medicine Services:
- Vaccination and deworming protocols
- Disease testing and control strategies
- Design consultation for animal housing and environment
- Protocols for calf and heifer rearing
Medical care for sick and injured cattle:
- Scheduled and Emergency animal examinations and treatment
- Design of disease treatment protocols and staff training
- Treatment records analysis and oversight
Production Medicine Services:
- Monitor and analyze herd production records, health records, and standard operating procedures
- On farm visits to view animal groups, facilities, and feeding and handling systems
- Determine deficiencies and opportunities for improvements
- Recommend and implement changes to maximize health, productivity, and wellbeing of the herd
- Pregnancy exams by Palpation or Ultrasound
- Breeding synchronization programs
- Calving assistance and training for staff
- Displaced Abomasum Correction
- Cesarean Section
- Mastitis Individual and bulk tank culturing
- Fecal Worm Egg Counts
- Complete Blood Counts and Serum Chemistries
- Disease testing diagnostics
- Testing for preparation of Interstate Health Papers
- Drugs and supplies are available on the truck, at the office, and for drop ship directly to the farm.
Scheduled farm visits, 24 hour emergency service, and office consultations are available by calling (330) 274-3463.
Farm call visits can be scheduled by calling the office between 8:00 AM and 3:30 PM Monday through Friday. Farm calls are scheduled from 9:00 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday, with extended hours available on request.
After office hours, emergency service is initiated by calling the office number and leaving a voicemail message. The doctor or a staff member will be notified and they will return the call.
Dairy & Beef Cattle Resources
The American Association of Bovine Practitioners (AABP) is an international association of veterinarians serving society as leaders in cattle health, welfare and productivity.
The Ohio Dairy Veterinarians (ODV) provide continuing education to members, and to serve Ohio’s Dairy Industry.