Preventative Medicine Services:
- Wellness examinations:
- Individual Vaccination Programs and administration of vaccines
• Weight and Body Condition Score
• Brief visual dental examination
• Visual examination of skin, eyes, hooves and movement
• Consultation on health concerns of the owner
- Nutritional consultation
- Deworming program design using Fecal Egg Count results
- Coggins testing and Age related disease monitoring
Medical care for sick and injured horses:
- Scheduled and Emergency animal examination and treatment
- Laboratory testing for diagnosis and disease monitoring
- Dispensing of drug treatments and supplies
- Coordination of care with equine referral hospitals
- Brief physical examination
- Systemic tranquilization and pain control
- Oral examination with mouth speculum, head stand and light
- Dental charting and treatment recommendations
- Routine floating of sharp points with power instruments
- Correction of specific dental abnormalities
- Removal of wolf teeth
- Castration, Laceration repair, Tumor removal
Scheduled farm visits, 24 hour emergency service, and office consultations are available by calling (330) 274-3463.
Farm call visits can be scheduled by calling the office between 8:00 AM and 3:30 PM Monday through Friday. Farm calls are scheduled from 9:00 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday, with extended hours available on request.
After office hours, emergency service is initiated by calling the office number and leaving a voicemail message. The doctor or a staff member will be notified and they will return the call.
The American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) is the world’s largest professional organization dedicated to equine veterinary medicine and is a leading medical authority on the health and welfare of the horse.