Preventative Medicine Services:
- Herd Vaccination Protocols and administration of vaccines
- Herd and Individual examinations including weight and body condition score, visual examination of skin, eyes, hooves and movement, consultation on health concerns of the owner.
- Nutritional consultation
- Deworming protocol design using Fecal Egg Count results
- CAE Virus Herd testing and other disease control testing
Medical care for sick and injured small ruminants:
- Scheduled and Emergency animal examinations and treatment
- Fracture repair and casting
- Dispensing of drug treatments and supplies
- Investigation of herd level disease problems
- Castration, Dehorning, Tail Docking, Cesarean Section
- Ultrasound pregnancy diagnosis with fetal count
- Obstetrical assistance and training
- Mastitis culture
- Complete Blood Counts and Serum Chemistries
- Fecal Worm Egg Counts
- Disease testing (CAE, CL, Brucella, TB)
- Testing for preparation of Interstate Health Papers
Scheduled farm visits, 24 hour emergency service, and office consultations are available by calling (330) 274-3463.
Farm call visits can be scheduled by calling the office between 8:00 AM and 3:30 PM Monday through Friday. Farm calls are scheduled from 9:00 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday, with extended hours available on request.
After office hours, emergency service is initiated by calling the office number and leaving a voicemail message. The doctor or a staff member will be notified and they will return the call.
Goat & Sheep Resources
The American Association of Small Ruminant Practitioners (AASRP) was founded in 1968 to further the programs and studies of those working with small ruminants – sheep, goats, camelids, elk, deer and other related species.